Safety Rules to Follow in the Foundation
- Sign a WMF risk/release waiver annually.
- Carry a cell phone.
- Be aware of the 911 location markers at each major fire lane intersection in order to describe your location - should you need to do so to EMS or other emergency personnel.
- Wear safety clothing appropriate for weather and activity. Protective headgear is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
Rules for Foundation Use
- The Foundation is open from Sunrise to Sunset.
- Firearms, alcoholic beverages, taking of plants, picnicking, camping, swimming, boating, fishing and littering are prohibited.
- Unauthorized motorized vehicles, non-motorized vehicles and drones are prohibited with the exception of horse-drawn carriages.
- Dogs are prohibited.
- Trespassing on adjacent property is prohibited.
- Accidental fire is the greatest enemy of the forest. Smoking and open fires within the Foundation are strictly prohibited.
- Report maintenance issues and concerns to the Foundation office, 910-695-7811.